About This Journal
Horticultural Science and Technology (abbr. Hortic. Sci. Technol., herein ‘HST’; ISSN, 1226-8763), one of the two official journals of the Korean Society for Horticultural Science (KSHS), was launched in 1998 to provide scientific and professional publication on technology and sciences of horticultural area. As an international journal, HST is published in English and Korean, bimonthly on the last day of even number months, and indexed in ‘SCIE’, ‘SCOPUS’ and ‘CABI’. The HST is devoted for the publication of technical and academic papers and review articles on such arears as cultivation physiology, protected horticulture, postharvest technology, genetics and breeding, tissue culture and biotechnology, and other related to vegetables, fruit, ornamental, and herbal plants.
2021 Impact Factor 0.758
- Changes in Growth, Fruit Quality, and Leaf Characteristics of Apple Tree (Malus domestica Borkh. ‘Fuji’) Grown under Elevated CO2 and Temperature Conditions
- In Bog Lee, Dae Ho Jung, Seok Beom Kang, Seong Sig Hong, Pyoung Ho Yi, Seung Tak Jeong, Jin Myeon Park
- Climate change has a considerable impact on human life and ecosystems, as well as on agricultural ecosystems. The two main factors of … + READ MORE
- Climate change has a considerable impact on human life and ecosystems, as well as on agricultural ecosystems. The two main factors of future climate change, CO2 concentration, and temperature should be tracked, and changes in crop yield and quality due to these environmental factors should be identified. The objective of this study was to analyze the growth, fruit quality, and leaf characteristics of apple trees (Malus domestica Borkh. ‘Fuji’) grown under different elevated CO2 and temperature conditions for extended periods. Four different CO2 concentrations and temperature treatments for the cultivation of apple trees were applied as follows: ambient CO2 concentration and temperature (CON), elevated CO2 concentration and ambient temperature (ECAT), ambient CO2 concentration and elevated temperature (ACET), and elevated CO2 concentration and elevated temperature (ECET). Tree shoot length and fruit fresh weight were measured over nine consecutive years. The soluble solids content, titratable acidity, firmness, Hunter ‘a’ value, and ethylene and CO2 emissions of harvested fruits from 9-year-old trees were measured. Elevated CO2 concentrations promoted shoot growth and average fruit fresh weight but reduced fruit yield at the early stage of development, with more than eight years of recovery. Elevated temperature decreased shoot growth, average fruit fresh weight, and fruit yield, as it caused a decrease in the leaf photosynthetic rate. However, under all climate change conditions, it was predicted that the fruit quality would decrease, thus, the marketability of apples would decrease. In the future, as climate change continues, this study can identify the type of cultivation and management practices needed to maintain the fruit quality of apples. - COLLAPSE
- Evaluation of Surface Drip Irrigation Systems Focusing on Water-use Efficiency in High-value Vegetable Production in the Semi-arid, Windy Region of the Texas High Plains
- Hyungmin Rho, James Gray, Li Paetzold, Qingwu Xue, Charles Rush
- The increased depletion of groundwater from the Ogallala Aquifer raises questions about the environmental and economic sustainability of conventional field crop production … + READ MORE
- The increased depletion of groundwater from the Ogallala Aquifer raises questions about the environmental and economic sustainability of conventional field crop production in the Texas High Plains in the United States. We aimed to assess the crop water-use efficiency (WUE) of surface drip irrigation (SDI) systems for high-value vegetable production in this region. Two irrigation treatments – SDI without plastic mulch (CTRL) and SDI with plastic mulch (MCH) – were assigned as the main plots, which were split into sweet corn, chili pepper, and tomato sub-plots. Crop evapotranspiration (ETc) and the WUE outcome of each plot were evaluated. Early growth of crops was promoted with MCH, but by harvest time there was no difference between MCH and CTRL in terms of growth and biomass for corn and tomatoes. MCH reduced the amount of water required for irrigation by about 7.4% but did not reduce ETc. MCH increased the WUE of peppers, but not of corn or tomatoes. The marketable yields of corn and peppers reached the state average, but tomatoes were severely damaged by tomato spotted wilt virus, and only those with MCH produced marketable yields equal to the state average. This study demonstrated the feasibility of high-value vegetable production in the Texas High Plains using SDI, and pepper, with MCH, showed the greatest potential. - COLLAPSE
- Effects of Mechanical Flower Thinning on the Fruit Set and Fruit Quality Attributes of ‘Hongro’ Apples
- Nay Myo Win, Yang-Yik Song, Jong-Chul Nam, Young Sik Cho, Sang-Jin Yang, Jingi Yoo, In-Kyu Kang, Juhyeon Park
- ‘Hongro’ apple flowers were thinned with chemical (lime sulfur), low mechanical (200 rpm rotor speed, 4 km·h-1 tractor speed), high mechanical … + READ MORE
- ‘Hongro’ apple flowers were thinned with chemical (lime sulfur), low mechanical (200 rpm rotor speed, 4 km·h-1 tractor speed), high mechanical (300 rpm, 6 km·h-1), low mechanical (200 rpm, 4 km·h-1) + chemical, and high mechanical (300 rpm, 6 km·h-1) + chemical thinning treatments. Manual (hand) thinning served as a control. Most terminal and lateral flowers per cluster were removed by high mechanical thinning and the combination of this method with chemical thinning, compared to low mechanical thinning combined with chemical thinning. Additionally, the fruit set rate for both terminal and lateral flowers was mostly reduced when using the high mechanical + chemical thinning combination. However, a higher rotor speed during mechanical thinning increased the leaf damage rate compared to a lower rotor speed. Moreover, the high mechanical + chemical thinning combination improved flesh firmness, titratable acidity, and the soluble solid content in fruit at harvest compared to the control plants with low mechanical thinning combined with chemical thinning. The a* value (measured in fruit peel by CIE L* a* b* method) was highest when high mechanical thinning was used and lowest when chemical thinning was used. However, the fruit weight and size and the starch index were unaffected by all thinning treatments. Overall, the effects of mechanical thinning varied according to the rotor and tractor speed, and a high rotor speed (300 rpm) had a greater impact than a lower rotor speed (200 rpm). The highest thinning efficiency was achieved when using the high mechanical + chemical thinning combination, which improved the fruit quality of ‘Hongro’ apples. - COLLAPSE
Effects of Seeding Rates on Top Growth and Root Development in Establishing Kentucky Bluegrass under the USGA Soil System
USGA 지반에 켄터키 블루그래스 조성 시 파종량 차이가 지상부 잔디생장 및 지하부 뿌리발달에 미치는 효과
- This research was initiated to investigate the effects of seeding rates on top and root growth characteristics in Kentucky bluegrass (KB, Poa …
USGA 모래 지반에 켄터키 블루그래스 종자 파종 후 조성 1년차 시공단계에서 지상부 잔디생장 및 지하부 뿌리발달에 최적인 파종량 수준을 규명하고자 시작하였다. 공시 …+ READ MORE
- This research was initiated to investigate the effects of seeding rates on top and root growth characteristics in Kentucky bluegrass (KB, Poa pratensis L.) under the USGA (United States Golf Association) soil system and to provide practical information on proper KB seeding rates. Treatments were comprised of the following five seeding rates: VLS (6 g·m-2), LS (9 g·m-2), MS (12 g·m-2), HS (15 g·m-2) and VHS (18 g·m-2). Each treatment was replicated four times in a randomized complete block design. Visual turfgrass color, turf quality and root growth were measured from May to December in 2009. Thesse growth characteristics varied with seeding rate and increased with month after seeding (MAS). Evaluation in the establishment phase indicated that the best color was associated with VHS until 3 MAS, but with HS after that. The turf quality rating score was greatest with VHS until 5 MAS, but with HS after that. Data on root growth, however, showed opposite responses as compared with those of top growth characteristics. During the study, the lower the seeding rate, the longer the root length. Therefore, the best root growth performances were associated with LS and VLS, while HS and VHS, in which the seeding rate was over 15 g·m-2, showed poor performances. In the first-year establishment phase, optimum seeding rates in KB are between 15 and 18 g·m-2 in regards to turfgrass color and quality. However, in terms of root growth, they are in the range of 6 to 9 g·m-2. Further data analysis in a mature-phase will be a practical necessity for the best turfgrass quality and sustainable performance on high-quality sports turf design, construction and management.
USGA 모래 지반에 켄터키 블루그래스 종자 파종 후 조성 1년차 시공단계에서 지상부 잔디생장 및 지하부 뿌리발달에 최적인 파종량 수준을 규명하고자 시작하였다. 공시 파종 처리구는 전체 5 수준의 파종량(VLS 6g, LS 9g, MS 12g, HS 15g, VHS 18g·m-2)으로 하였으며, 시험구는 난괴법 4반복으로 배치하였다. 지상부 잔디생장과 뿌리발달 차이를 비교하기 위해서 잔디엽색, 품질 및 뿌리 길이를 2009년 5월부터 12월까지 연중 조사하였다. 이러한 생육 특성은 파종 후 시간이 경과함에 따라 증가하였으며, 파종량에 따라 처리구간 차이가 나타났다. 잔디색상은 초기 시공 단계인 3개월 동안은 VHS 파종구, 그리고 3개월 이후에는 HS 파종구가 가장 양호하였다. 잔디품질은 초기 약 5개월은 VHS 파종구, 그리고 5개월 이후에는 HS 파종구가 좀 더 우수한 경향으로 나타났다. 하지만 지상부 생장특성과 다르게 지하부 뿌리발달은 파종량이 낮을수록 양호하였고, 파종량이 높을수록 불량하게 나타났다. 따라서 잔디밭 조성 1년차 시공단계에서 뿌리생장은 파종량이 9g·m-2 이하인 VLS 및 LS 파종구가 가장 우수하였으며, 파종량이 15g·m-2 이상인 HS 및 VHS 파종구는 실험기간 내내 저조하였다. 즉 조성 1년차 시공단계의 적정 파종량은 지상부 생장관점에서 잔디색상 및 품질 위주로 판단 시 15–18g·m-2 사이가 양호하였지만, 지하부 생장관점에서 뿌리발달 위주로 판단할 경우에는 6–9g·m-2 사이가 더 적절하였다. 향후 잔디밭 성숙 단계인 2년차에 데이터 수집을 통해 지상부 및 지하부 조직의 생육 특성 변화를 비교할 수 있다면 장기적으로 잔디품질과 내구성이 우수한 고품질 잔디밭 조성 및 유지 관리에 도움이 될 것이다.
- Effects of Seeding Rates on Top Growth and Root Development in Establishing Kentucky Bluegrass under the USGA Soil System
- Growth Characteristics of Bell Pepper and Tomato Hydroponically Cultivated in Growth Media Containing Different NaCl Concentrations in Raw Water on Reclaimed Lands
- Dae Ho Jung, Joon Woo Lee
- Reclaimed land used as arable land can improve low food self-sufficiency or export competitiveness through large-scale controlled-environment agriculture. However, high salinity in … + READ MORE
- Reclaimed land used as arable land can improve low food self-sufficiency or export competitiveness through large-scale controlled-environment agriculture. However, high salinity in reclaimed land can cause diseases and decrease yields during crop cultivation. This study was conducted to understand the growth characteristics of bell pepper and tomato hydroponically cultivated in rockwool and coir media reflecting changes in electrical conductivity (EC) and NaCl concentrations in the raw water of reclaimed lands. For bell pepper, Machai varieties (C. annuum L. cv. Machai) were used. For tomatoes, TY TRUST varieties (S. lycopersicum L. cv. TY TRUST) were used. NaCl was supplemented into the nutrient solution once a week to construct a treatment group based on EC. For bell pepper and tomato, NaCl was supplied at the following levels: none (CON), EC 4.0 (T1), EC 4.5 (T2), EC 5.0 (T3), and EC 5.5 dS·m-1 (T4). The plant height, leaf area, leaf fresh weight, leaf dry weight, stem fresh weight, stem dry weight, and fruit yield of bell pepper and tomato were investigated as indicators of growth characteristics of crops. For bell peppers, the growth index decreased with an increase in the stage as the NaCl concentration was increased, regardless of the type of media used. The use of coir media could secure bell pepper production yields without a significant effect of the NaCl concentration at the levels used in this study. However, for tomatoes, the leaf area was significantly decreased when NaCl concentrations were applied compared to that of the control group. Also, most other growth indicators were significantly decreased at NaCl concentrations above T2. The effects of the NaCl concentration were reduced when tomatoes were cultivated in coir media instead of rockwool media. Therefore, for hydroponically cultivated bell peppers and tomatoes, if raw water containing NaCl is supplied, it may be possible to maintain the crop yield if coir media are used. - COLLAPSE
- Air and Root Zone Temperature for Growth of Coastal Glehnia Seedlings
- Moon-Sun Yeom, Myung-Min Oh
- Coastal glehnia (Korean name: gaet-bang-pung) is a perennial herb belonging to the Apiaceae family and is distributed in harsh environments with high … + READ MORE
- Coastal glehnia (Korean name: gaet-bang-pung) is a perennial herb belonging to the Apiaceae family and is distributed in harsh environments with high salinity and dry conditions, such as coastal dunes and sandy beaches. Both the shoots and roots of coastal glehnia contain health-promoting phytochemicals, which can be used in functional foods and in the pharmaceutical industry. In this study, the air temperature (AT) and root-zone temperature (RZT) of seedlings under different treatment combinations were evaluated to establish a cultivation protocol for high seedling quality in controlled environments such as greenhouses and plant factories with artificial lighting (PFALs). Two-week-old seedlings were transplanted to deep-flow-technique hydroponic systems and grown for four weeks. In study I, the seedlings were treated with RZTs of 15°C, 20°C, and 25°C, with or without aeration. The RZT of 25°C with aeration significantly increased the shoot fresh and dry weights compared to the other treatments. In study II, the seedlings were treated with ATs and RZTs of 20°C and 25°C along with aeration. The AT 25°C/RZT 25°C treatment improved the shoot and root growth, photosynthetic rate, and electron transport rate compared to the AT 20°C/RZT 20°C treatment. In addition, the mineral content (P, K, S, Mg, Ca, and Fe) per shoot increased significantly at an AT of 25°C with a RZT of 25°C. These results suggest that the combination of an AT of 25°C and RZT of 25°C is the appropriate temperature condition to improve productivity during the seedling stage of coastal glehnia for mass production in PFALs and greenhouses. - COLLAPSE
- Effect of Inorganic Substrates on the Water Quality and Growth of Kalanchoe blossfeldiana in an Aquaponic System
- Kyeong Ho Kim, Md Rayhan Ahmed Shawon, Yeo Joong Yoon, Ki Young Choi
- Substrates are important for plant growth as they maintain the water quality in an aquaponic system. The aim of this study was … + READ MORE
- Substrates are important for plant growth as they maintain the water quality in an aquaponic system. The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of four inorganic substrates of sponge (SS), orchid stone (SO), hydroball (SH), and volcanic rock (SV) on an aquaponic system for planterior (use of plants in interior design) purposes. A recycling deep flow system was used. Kalanchoe blossfeldiana ‘Peperu’ seedlings and goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus) were kept together for 50 days in a small tank divided into two sections. Every day, 0.25 g of fish feed was supplied into each tank. The electrical conductivity (EC) and pH of the water were checked regularly. The nutrient concentration of the aquaponics water and the plant growth parameters were measured. The results showed that the increasing pattern of the EC strength over time was identical under the different treatments. The pH of the water fluctuated with different ranges for each treatment. Furthermore, the NH4+ concentration in aquaponic water increased sharply from 15 to 20 days in all treatments, later becoming more stable. The NO3‒ and Mg2+ ion concentrations also sharply increased after 15 to 20 days of treatment; later, NO3‒ was found to have increased in the SH, SS, and SO treatments. However, at 35 days after treatment, Mg2+ and Ca2+ showed a similar stable concentration trend in all treatments. An inverse relationship was observed between the Ca2+ and HPO42‒ concentrations in all treatments. Plant heights, widths, and stem diameters of K. blossfeldiana were not significantly different among the treatments. The number of leaves, the leaf length, and the leaf width of the plants were also not statistically different among the treatments. At 50 days after the commencement of treatment, the SPAD value of plants was higher in the SH treatment than in the others. Furthermore, the numbers of branches, nodes, and flowers of plant were not significantly different among the treatments. These results indicate that the inorganic sponge, orchid stone, hydroball, and volcanic rock substrates influenced the EC, pH, and ion concentrations in aquaponics water. In addition, the period of the first 20 days is crucial to ensure stable ion concentrations in water. However, these substrates did not significantly affect the growth of K. blossfeldiana. - COLLAPSE
Effects of Greenhouse Environmental Factors on the Productivity of Summer-cultivated Sweet Pepper and Influential Factors
여름 파프리카 재배에서 온실 환경 요인이 생산성에 미치는 영향과 영향력 환경 인자 구명
Minkyung Kim, Kyeong Ho Kim , Jin Hee An, Kyung-Hwan Yeo, Jong Hyang Bae, Yong-Beom Lee, Ki-Young Choi
김민경, 김경호, 안진희, 여경환, 배종향, 이용범, 최기영
- This study was conducted to analyze the effects of summer greenhouse environmental factors on the productivity of sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum …
본 실험은 여름철 온실의 환경 요인이 파프리카 생산량에 미치는 영향과 환경 요인 중 영향력인자(Influence factor)를 조사 분석하였다. 조사지는 강원도 파프리카 수출 농가 …+ READ MORE
- This study was conducted to analyze the effects of summer greenhouse environmental factors on the productivity of sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) and to determine the influential factors. Two sweet pepper export farms in Gangwon-do (FIn in Inje and FCh in Cheorwon) were surveyed during 2021. The flowering of sweet pepper started in March. FIn undertook two-stemmed cultivation for 35 weeks and FCh utilized three-stemmed cultivation for 31 weeks. The amount of accumulated solar radiation gradually increased from the first flowering period, peaking in July, after which it decreased to about 60% due to frequent rainfall in August. The temperature was high in July, with the day temperature exceeding 30°C and the night temperature being over 21°C. The night temperature increased to as high as 26°C from July 4 to August 13. An analysis of the growth characteristics showed that FIn has a shorter flower length, a thinner stem diameter, and a shorter internode compared to FCh. The relative internode ratio of FIn was 138% for group 1, which is significantly higher than that of FCh. However, the ratio became lower than that of FCh from group 2 and significantly shorter for group 4, reaching 80%. The second half productions of FIn and FCh were 36.1 and 39.9% of the total production rates, respectively. Both farms showed sharply low fruit-set rates in group 5 along with very low harvest rates in groups 4 and 5. It was noted that the low fruit-set rate and harvest rates for groups 4 and 5 led to low yields in the second half of the year. Multiple regression analysis results showed that daytime temperatures and solar radiation levels were positively linked to production levels, while night-time temperatures and growing degree days (GDD) (24h-mean temperature minus 10) were negatively linked. Greater influences were observed in the following order: night-time temperature, solar radiation, GDD, and daytime temperature. Based on the obtained results, it is recommended to keep the 24h-mean temperature in the optimal range by keeping night-time temperatures lower while minimizing the decrease in solar radiation in July when the temperature is high in order to secure production in the second half of the year for summer-cultivated sweet pepper.
본 실험은 여름철 온실의 환경 요인이 파프리카 생산량에 미치는 영향과 환경 요인 중 영향력인자(Influence factor)를 조사 분석하였다. 조사지는 강원도 파프리카 수출 농가 두 곳(인제와 철원)을 선발하여 2021년에 조사하였다. 인제(FIn)와 철원(FCh)은 3월 첫 개화를 시작하였고, FIn는 2줄기 유인으로 35주, FCh은 3줄기 유인으로 31주 동안 재배되었다. 적산일사량은 첫 개화 시기부터 점차 높아져 7월에 가장 높았고, 8월 잦은 강우로 약 60% 수준으로 낮아졌다. 7월 평균 온도는 주간 30°C 이상, 야간 21°C 이상이었다. 7월 4일부터 8월 13일까지의 야간 온도는 최대 26°C까지 상승하였다. FIn의 파프리카 생육은 FCh 보다 생장점부터 화경장과 마디가 짧고, 경경이 가늘었다. FIn의 상대적 절간비율은 1그룹에서 138%로 FCh 보다 길었지만 2그룹부터는 FCh 보다 짧아져 4그룹에서는 80%로 유의하게 짧았다. FIn와 FCh의 하반기 생산량은 전체의 각 36.1, 39.9% 수준이었다. FIn와 FCh 모두 5그룹에서 급격히 낮은 착과율을 보였고, 4–5그룹의 수확률도 매우 낮게 나타났다. 다중 회귀분석 결과 주간 온도와 일사량은 생산량과 양의 관계를 갖고 야간 온도와 생육도일(일평균 온도 ‒10)은 음의 관계를 나타냈고 생산량에 미치는 영향력은 야간온도 > 일사량 > 생육도일 > 주간 온도 순서로 높았다. 따라서 여름 파프리카 재배에서 하반기 생산량 확보를 위해서는 온도가 높아지는 7월 일조량 감소를 최소로 하면서 야간 온도를 낮게 관리하여 일평균 온도를 적정 범위로 유지하는 것이 필요한 것으로 보인다.
- Effects of Greenhouse Environmental Factors on the Productivity of Summer-cultivated Sweet Pepper and Influential Factors
Investigation of the Post-fertilization Barrier and Appropriate Culture Time During the Interspecific Hybridization of Hydrangea arborescens ‘Pink Annabelle’ and H. paniculata ‘Polar Bear’
Hydrangea arborescens ‘Pink Annabelle’과 H. paniculata ‘Polar Bear’의 종간 교배에서 수정 후 장벽 확인과 적정 배양 시기 구명
SeongHwa Bak, Tae-Ho Han
- Interspecific hybridization, referring to the transfer of various traits into another species, is an important method to expand diversity in flowering plants. …
종간 교배는 화훼식물에서 다양한 형질들을 여러 종에 도입하여 다양성을 확대하는데 중요한 수단이다. 여러가지 요인에 의해 종자 형성 및 실생 획득은 매우 어렵지만 …+ READ MORE
- Interspecific hybridization, referring to the transfer of various traits into another species, is an important method to expand diversity in flowering plants. It is very difficult to form seeds and obtain seedlings due to various factors. Post-fertilization barriers can be overcome by embryo rescue strategies in general. The purpose of this study is to establish a protocol to improv the success of the interspecific hybridization of hydrangeas by identifying seed abortion and optimal ovule stages in the presence of post-fertilization barriers. Hydrangea arborescens and H. paniculata were crossed, and ovaries and seeds were observed every week from three weeks after pollination (WAP). Ovules were cultured in vitro from 5 WAP. As a result, it appeared that the ovaries had matured normally. Embryos in the ovary started to form between 4 and 5 WAP and developed between 5 and 7 WAP. Forty five out of 2,905 cultured ovules germinated, indicating a very low germination rate of 1.6%. Early embryos from 5 to 7 WAP, the early stages of embryo formation and development, had a low germination rate and a long germination period (average of 23.3 days). The germination rate was relatively high and the period for germination (average 11.6 days) was relatively short in cultured ovules from 8 WAP. A sharp increase in the germination period (33 days) and ovule collapse were observed at 14 WAP. In conclusion, post-fertilization barriers appeared to occur between 13 and 14 WAP, and the optimal period for the culturing of ovules was between 8 and 12 WAP for interspecific hybridization (H. arborescens x H. paniculata).
종간 교배는 화훼식물에서 다양한 형질들을 여러 종에 도입하여 다양성을 확대하는데 중요한 수단이다. 여러가지 요인에 의해 종자 형성 및 실생 획득은 매우 어렵지만 그 중 수정 후 장벽은 배주 배양을 통해 극복 가능하다. 본 연구는 수국 종간 교잡 시(H. arborescens x H. paniculata)에 수정 후 장벽을 확인하고 퇴화 시점과 적정 배주 성숙 단계를 구명하여 수국의 교잡종 획득률 향상을 통한 유전적 다양성 확대의 기반을 마련하고자 한다. H. arborescens x H. paniculata를 교배하였고, 수분 후 3주부터 1주일 단위로 자방과 종자를 관찰하였다. 수분 후 5주부터 배주 배양을 시행하였다. 그 결과 자방은 자연스러운 자방의 성숙 단계로 관찰되었다. 배주는 수분 후 4–5주 사이에 배가 형성되고 수분 후 5–7주에 발달하고 발달이 완료되는 것으로 확인되었다. 배주 배양 전체 2,905개중 45개 발아하였고 평균 발아율은 1.6%로 매우 낮았다. 수분 후 5–7주는 배의 형성과 발달기로 상대적으로 낮은 발아율과 발아 소요 일이 길었다. 수분 후 8주부터는 상대적으로 높은 발아율과 발아 소요 일(평균 11.6일)이 짧았다. 하지만 수분 후 14주에 급격한 발아 소요 일(33일) 증가가 확인되었고 수분 후 14주 배주에서 종자의 함몰이 확인됨에 따라 수분 후 13–14주 사이에 퇴화가 시작되는 것으로 확인되었다. 결론적으로, H. arborescens x H. paniculata의 종간 교배시 수정 후 장벽으로 인한 종자 퇴화는 13–14주에 발생되며, 적정 배주 배양 시기는 8–12주이다.
- Investigation of the Post-fertilization Barrier and Appropriate Culture Time During the Interspecific Hybridization of Hydrangea arborescens ‘Pink Annabelle’ and H. paniculata ‘Polar Bear’
- Establishment and Optimization of an in vitro Regeneration System in Shredded Pineapple
- Jing Zhang, Xueli Fu, Yao Su, Tao Xie
- Shredded pineapple, a type of rare high-quality fresh pineapple, is convenient to eat and has high economic value worldwide. In this study, … + READ MORE
- Shredded pineapple, a type of rare high-quality fresh pineapple, is convenient to eat and has high economic value worldwide. In this study, the crown buds and sucker buds of shredded pineapple were used to study the effects of different explants and the ratios of different hormones (i.e., 6-benzylaminopurine, 6-BA; naphthaleneacetic acid, NAA; and indolebutyric acid, IBA) on the induction, proliferation, differentiation, and rooting of pineapple, and the effects of seedling refining on the survival rate of transplants, to establish a regeneration system for shredded pineapple. The results showed that the most suitable explant was crown buds, the optimal medium for adventitious bud induction was MS+3.0 mg/L 6-BA+3.0 mg/L NAA, the optimal proliferation medium was MS+3.0 mg/L 6-BA+1.0 mg/L NAA, the optimal adventitious bud growth was the MS medium, and the optimal rooting medium was MS+2.0 mg/L IBA. The peak survival rate of regenerated plants was observed after seven days of seedling refining. This study successfully established and optimized a tissue culture and rapid propagation regeneration system for shredded pineapple, which provides technical support for the low-cost rapid production and genetic transformation of pineapples. - COLLAPSE